Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight presented by AAMI is nearly here! Hopefully you have booked your tickets and started making plans for a night of celebration and song. To help you have the best night possible we've put together a short list of what to bring, and what things are best left at home.
We also encourage you to download the Service Victoria app on your phone and link your digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate for easy check in to the venue.
To ensure everyone can enjoy the magic of Carols by Candlelight, we have accessibility resources available including an access key and audio description. Please view our accessibility information to find out more.
What to bring:
- Your copy or copies of the Carols by Candlelight Songbook, available to download.
- Comfortable clothing appropriate to the weather, including hats and sunglasses for sun safety and rain-jackets or ponchos in case of rain.
- Collapsible prams are also welcome, although these must be cloaked when you arrive.
- Low fold out chairs, no greater than 20cm in height
- Picnic blankets, cushions, and umbrellas. Please note umbrellas must be closed during performances as they restrict other patrons’ views.
- Picnics are welcome in appropriate containers (see below), along with your picnic blankets.
- Sealed water or refreshments (no alcohol).
- Your loudest and proudest singing voice and lots of Christmas cheer!
- Please note that the venue is only accepting contactless payment and bar, merchandise and food transactions are cashless. There will be no ATM on site.
What to leave at home:
- Elevated seating – higher than 20cm. A limited number of chairs will be available to hire at the time of ticket purchase.
- Knives of any kind (cheese or otherwise!)
- Glass bottles
- Metal cutlery (plastic cutlery is permitted)
- Drones or any other flying equipment
- Professional cameras
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Professional recording or broadcasting devices
- Any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which Management can reasonably infer that you intend to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
- Illicit substances
- Animals (except for registered assistance animals)
- Hard sided coolers and eskies
- Firecrackers, flares, explosives
- Flammable liquids
- Lasers or laser pointers
- Weapons and any other items which could impede safety or people’s enjoyment.
Please note that bag checks will take place at the gate prior to entry and prohibited items may be refused entry or confiscated.
We're looking forward to seeing you all at Carols by Candlelight and we hope you have a fantastic time with your friends and family. Don't forget to share your photos and tag @carolsbycandlelight_aus