What to bring and what to leave at home!
The 2019 Carols by Candlelight event is nearly here! Hopefully you have booked your tickets and started making plans for a night of celebration and song. To help you have the best night possible we've put together a short list of what to bring, and what things are best left at home.
What to bring:
- Your copy or copies of the Carols by Candlelight Songbook, available from our website.
- Comfortable clothing appropriate to the weather, including hats and sunglasses for sun safety and rain-jackets or ponchos in case of rain.
- Collapsible prams are also welcome, although these must be cloaked when you arrive.
- Picnics are welcome in appropriate containers (see below), along with your picnic blankets.
- Sealed water or refreshments (no alcohol). Please note any unsealed liquids will be tipped out prior to entry, but can be refilled for free at our South East Water station inside the event.
- There are ATMs available on site, but bringing some cash is recommended for easier, quicker purchase of beverages and other items.
- Your loudest and proudest singing voice and lots of Christmas cheer!
What to leave at home:
- BYO alcohol or any glass containers are not permitted at this event! Best to purchase beverages on-site.
- Guns, fireworks, drones and other dangerous items are obvious no-nos!
- Please don't bring wax candles; electronic ones will be available for purchase at the event, with all of the proceeds supporting kids who are blind or have low vision
- Please don't bring any metal knives, including cheese knives
- For a better viewing experience for your fellow audience members, please leave behind any portable seating higher than 20cm off the ground, including hard eskies that could be used as a seat. This also goes for tables, tents and sun shelters inside the venue.
- No pets please; assistance animals only permitted
- Any food or drinks with the intention of re-selling within the event
- Pointy umbrellas can be a danger and a viewing obstacle to those behind you, so please leave them at home or try to bring an umbrella without a sharp end. I the weather looks poor, bring raincoats and ponchos
- We ask that you don't bring any glow sticks, laser pointers, selfie sticks or professional cameras (phone cameras are okay!)
Please note that bag checks will take place at the gate prior to entry and prohibited items may be refused entry or confiscated.
We're looking forward to seeing you all at Carols by Candlelight and we hope you have a fantastic time with your friends and family. Don't forget to share your photos and tag @carolsbycandlelight_aus